*** DEADLINE EXTENDED – CLOSING DATE NOW 31st Jan 2018***
YORhub framework clients, contractors, consultants and supply chain are invited to enter YORhub’s first ever photo competition.
YORhub frameworks have been behind the delivery of dozens of fantastic projects across our region, and we want you to show them in their best light.
A panel of judges is looking to award prizes for the best images in 2 categories:
- Building project
- to be from YORbuild, YORbuild 2 or a project using YORconsult services
- Civil engineering/highways project
- to be from YORcivil, YORcivil 2 or a project using YORconsult services
The projects may be fully complete or still in progress.
Any current or previous client, framework contractor, framework consultant or framework supply chain employee can enter. Each individual may submit up to a maximum of two photos in each category.
The competition closes at midnight on 31st January 2018.
Prizes will be awarded in each category:
- 1st prize per category – £200 worth of Amazon vouchers
- 2nd prize per category – £100 worth of Amazon vouchers
- 3rd prize per category – £50 worth of Amazon vouchers
How to enter
Use the maximum file size and resolution for the platform.
You may enter both categories, but a maximum of two images per category.
Julie Crawford – YORhub Marketing and Communications, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Phil Moorcroft – YORhub Joint Chair of Operations South, Sheffield City Council
John Wilkinson – YORhub Joint Chair of Operations West, Leeds City Council
- Photos may be of any project procured through YORcivil, YORcivil 2, YORbuild, YORbuild 2 or using YORconsult services.
- The competition is open to current or previous employees of YORhub clients, employees of firms currently or previously appointed to any of the YORhub frameworks or from their supply chains. YORhub management, team members and their relatives are not eligible to enter and such entries would be excluded.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and the entrant must have copyright of the image. Photos taken by professional photographers on behalf of the applicant are not eligible.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 2 images per category. There is no limit to the number of individuals entering from an organisation.
- Images must be submitted digitally, which can include scans from film or prints. Images must be uploaded via Twitter or Facebook using the maximum file size and resolution for the platform. Entrants without a social media account may email entries to email@example.com to be published on social media by YORhub.
- Entries must be accompanied by the name of the entrant, their employer in connection with the project, project name, location, date taken and framework.
- Images should only include people if they can’t be avoided due to the location, such as in a busy street. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject(s) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- The competition closes at midnight on Sunday 31st January 2018. Winners will be notified by 16th February 2018.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. Entries will be judged on the basis of visual appeal and of clearly representing the project.
- The winner of each category will receive a prize of £200 worth of Amazon vouchers, 2nd place of each category will receive £100 worth of Amazon vouchers and third place in each category will receive £50 worth of Amazon vouchers.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs. By entering the competition all entrants grant YORhub the right to publish their photographs on YORhub’s website, social media feeds, in presentations and in printed materials. No fees will be payable by YORhub for any use. YORhub will endeavour to credit the photographer but cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include a credit.