Accessing the YORbuild2 Framework
Accessing the YORbuild2 Framework is easy. Any public sector organisation can enjoy the many benefits that it offers following these six steps:
- Contact a YORbuild2 Framework Manager to discuss your requirements.
- Set out the key aspects of your project using the New Project Form.
- Agree with the YORbuild2 Framework Manager the service that you require.
- Execute the Access and Confidentiality Agreement (see attached document opposite) granting use from the relevant Contracting Authority to use the YORbuild2 Framework.
- Carry out the call-off process to select a YORbuild2 Contractor.
- Monitor contractor performance
During the project delivery stage the YORbuild2 team will work closely with the user of the framework in the delivery of the strategic initiatives and measurement of key performance indicators including a project de-briefing for larger projects where necessary.
1. Direct selection (rotation)
A Framework Contractor is directly selected using the Direct Selection (rotation) process from the respective lot of the framework without competition based upon qualitative criteria. A tender is then developed with the selected single Framework Contractor and any subsequent call off contract is awarded.
2. Price/Quality Mini Competition (Two Stage)
All Framework Contractors in a lot submit proposals which are assessed against the stage 1 scoring criteria to select a single winning proposal. A tender is subsequently developed with the selected Framework Contractor and any subsequent call off contract is awarded. Note that the framework has been set up to permit variance in the balance of price/ quality assessments which can range between 20/80 and 80/20.
3. Price/Quality Mini Competition (Single Stage)
All Framework Contractors in a lot submit competitive quotations for the award of a call-off contract by means of a price & quality competition. Note that the framework has been set up to permit variance in the balance of price/ quality assessments which can range between 30/70 and 90/10.
4. Price Only Mini Competition (Single Stage)
All Framework Contractors in a lot submit competitive quotations for the award of a call off contract by means of a price competition only.
Framework Tendering Lessons Learnt
The YORbuild2 Framework Management Team (FMT) are aware that the tendering market has been ‘warming up’ over the last few months, mainly as a result of an increase in private sector activity and this looks set to continue as the economy improves. This situation can also arise in the run up to and during the summer holiday period each year.
To address potential issues with tendering capacity the FMT have been working with framework contractors and users to ensure that tender lists comprise a suitable number of firms with adequate capacity and capability to carry out future work. The document below contains a summary of measures that can be taken or are recommended to minimise the risk of insufficient tender returns.