Note: this section refers to the original YORbuild framework which expired in November 2015 and was replaced by YORbuild2. Please visit the YORbuild2 pages for up to date information.
YORbuild is a Construction Framework which has been developed to provide an efficient and collaborative approach to the procurement of Construction Projects. YORbuild can be accessed by any Local Authority, Public Sector Body or Third Sector Organisation in the Yorkshire and Humber region with access to high quality construction contractors.
Construction is the largest category of spend for Local Authorities within the Yorkshire and the Humber Region. YORbuild aims to provide an attractive procurement route for new build, refurbishment and design build Construction Projects for public sector bodies within the Yorkshire and Humber region.
The YORbuild Framework is one of the largest procurement projects delivered by Local Authorities within the Yorkshire and Humber region and was successfully launched in December 2009 following a fully compliant EU Framework Procurement Process.
The framework is due to expire at the end of November 2015. Provision for a two year extension was included when the framework was established and this has now been implemented.
Through a collaborative approach YORbuild aims to achieve:
- Efficiency through improved procurement process, implementation of best practice, standardised approaches to design and construction solutions innovation.
- Improved certainty in terms of time, quality and cost.
- Continuous performance improvement in a transparent and collaborative environment.
- Effective engagement with the regional economy via YORbuild Framework Contractors.
- Impact upon Employment and Training programmes via YORbuild Framework Contractors.
- Improve sustainability performance through well planned programmes.
- Excellent Supply Chain Management built into every project procured via the YORbuild Framework.
YORbuild is structured to complement the geography and diversity of demand across the region. The Yorkshire and Humber region covers some 15,500 square kilometres with a population of approximately 5 million situated in its cities, towns and villages.
The YORbuild Framework consists of four sub-regional frameworks dealing with all values of construction works. By structuring the YORbuild Framework in this way it will ensure that the diverse requirements of regional Local Authorities and other regionally based Public Sector Bodies can be met by competent and performing Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) in addition to larger regional and national contractors.
Four regional Local Authorities collaborated as a Project Team to procure the YORbuild Framework, each representing one of the Sub-regional frameworks:
- North Sub-region – Scarborough Borough Council
- East Sub-region – East Riding of Yorkshire
- South Sub-region – Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
- West Sub-region – Leeds City Council
Each of the four areas within the YORbuild Framework consists of six value band lots:
- Lot 1: up to £100k
- Lot 2: over £100k up to £500k
- Lot 3: over £500k up to £1m
- Lot 4: over £1m up to £3.5m
- Lot 5: over £3.5m up to £10m
- Lot 6: over £10m
The YORbuild framework is due to expire at the end of November 2015. To this end, the YORhub team is gearing up to procure a replacement framework, YORbuild 2.
View the YORbuild 2 pages for information.