How to implement BIM in YORhub
In order to implement BIM in a YORhub project, a client should:
- Ensure they have suitably qualified and experienced staff in-house, if not, employ a specialist consultant with suitable qualifications and experience to deliver BIM within a Level 2 environment. Consultants who have these skills can be found on the YORconsult Framework.
- Complete the template Employer’s Information Requirements (EIR).
- Discuss with building operators, users and maintainers if they have any specific requirements. Include these in the EIR.
- Include specific BIM clauses within contract sent out to tender.
- Include any other BIM specific requirements in the Works Information, usually within the preliminaries, but can also be included within information on Contractor’s design.