This year's theme is social value
|We want to see how our social value commitments are being put into effect on your site or in your community.
We invite you to submit images showing how any of our four social themes have been implemented on one of our frameworks: YORbuild, YORcivil, YORconsult or in a YORhub supported community project.
|Show us how your project is being delivered in a sustainable way. Are you installing or using renewable energy sources? Have you catered for local wildlife?
|Employment and skills|
|We want to see how anyone in your project has benefited from being involved with YORhub. How are you encouraging the next generation of contractors? Show us how you’re helping apprentices develop.
|Supporting community projects|
|YORhub contractors make a commitment to support community projects. How has your project helped local organisations to keep up their great work?
|Supply chain engagement|
|We at YORhub are committed to ensuring sub-contractors contributing to our projects are benefiting from their involvement, and we’d like to see this in action.|
For more on our social values see www.yorhub.com/social-value
The following prizes will be awarded to the top entries for each framework and YOR4Good project
£200 Amazon voucher
£100 Amazon voucher
£50 Amazon voucher
Four categories and a total of twelve prizes available
YORbuild, YORcivil, YORconsult, and YOR4Good will each have a first, second and third prize
Who can enter?
Framework clients, contractors, subcontractors and consultants from any YORhub framework and YOR4Good beneficiaries can submit two entries per framework
(see the rules section for more)
How to enter
Images must be submitted digitally, which can include scans from film or prints
When you enter, tell us if your image is of a YORhub framework project or YOR4Good project. We will accept images from YORbuild, YORbuild2, YORconsult, YORconsult2, YORcivil, YORcivil2 or YOR4Good projects.
Important! Permission forms from any easily identifiable person featured in your images must accompany your entry or they will not be accepted. These forms can be found below.
See rules section for more details.
Send your photographs and consent forms (if applicable) to email@example.com
Entries must be accompanied by the name of the entrant, the client, contractor, consultant or YOR4Good beneficiary organisation name, project name, its location, date taken and the category being entered.
When to enter
Submissions will be accepted from Monday 26th August and will close at 13:00 on Friday 25th October 2019
The competition will be judged by a YORhub panel, and winners will be announced at the YORhub annual conference on 12th November 2019
- Photos may be of any project procured through YORcivil, YORbuild, using YORconsult services or any YOR4Good funded project and must represent YORhub social values as described above.
- The competition is open to current or previous employees of YORhub clients, employees of firms currently or previously appointed to any of the YORhub frameworks or from their supply chains and YOR4Good beneficiaries. YORhub management and team members and their relatives are not eligible to enter and such entries will be excluded.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and the entrant must have copyright of the image. Photos taken by professional photographers on behalf of the applicant are not eligible.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 2 images per category. There is no limit to the number of individuals entering from an organisation.
- Images must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries may include scans from film or prints. Permission forms must be attached with submissions if applicable (see point 7).
- Entries must be accompanied by the name of the entrant, the organisation in connection with the project, project name, its location, date taken and framework or YOR4Good project.
- Images that clearly identify individuals must be accompanied by proper documentation giving their consent for the image’s intended use. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject(s) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. These forms can be downloaded from the competition web page
- Entrants must ensure that the person or people featured in their entry photograph(s) have full understanding of how the photograph will be used (see point 12).
- Subjects of photographs aged 18 and over must sign a permission form
- Subjects of photographs aged under 18 must have a parent/guardian/carer sign the permission form.
- Any submissions that require permission forms but do not have such forms attached will be destroyed and the entry discounted.
- The competition closes at 13:00 on Friday 27th September 2019. Winners will be notified by Friday 11th October 2019.
- All entries will be judged by a YORhub panel. Entries will be judged on the basis of visual appeal and of clearly representing YORhub social values as described.
- The winner of each category will receive a prize of £200 worth of Amazon vouchers, 2nd place of each category will receive £100 worth of Amazon vouchers and third place in each category will receive £50 worth of Amazon vouchers.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs. By entering the competition all entrants grant YORhub the right to publish their photographs on YORhub’s website, social media feeds, presentations and in printed materials. No fees will be payable by YORhub for any use. YORhub will endeavour to credit the photographer but cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include a credit.
- By entering, winners agree to participate in YORhub publicity including a photographed prize presentation and you give permission for the photograph to be used on YORhub’s website, social media feeds, and presentations and printed materials