“We have started creating a digital resource suite which we can use to engage with schools and colleges in order to still achieve ESPs. Filmed via a GoPro, we are filming 20-30 minute site tours and sending these across to schools. We are delivering the narration to the tour via a live Microsoft Teams meeting, screen sharing the video. This allows us to have that engagement and Q&A with students in real time and provide some genuine interaction .
We will next be filming careers overview sessions, highlighting some of the key roles on sites and in our offices, as well as some of the more unusual roles which students may not have heard of.
To accompany all our new digital resources, we have a survey for students and teachers which will allow us to accurately capture the number of students reached via each interaction, but also how impactful it has been.”
“Since COVID-19 we have looked at innovative ways of supporting young people and to ensure that we continue to work towards achieving our Employment and Skills targets, activities that we have developed have included the following:
- Virtual site visits utilising GoPro cameras, 3D cameras, timelapse and drone footage
- Virtual careers fairs, providing electronic material i.e brochures and online information
- Recorded career insight information regarding construction and job specific
- Supported virtual mock interviews in schools and colleges
- Supported virtual work experience placements
- Pre-recorded Q & A sessions for information on careers in construction”